couchdb-user mailing list archives

From maddiin <madd...@googlemail.com>
Subject Map/Reduce takes lots of time every request
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2008 20:25:46 GMT
Hi,

I have 5000 docs. Each has a field for tags like in
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Tags_inside_documents. I am also using
the same map/reduce.

There are around 8000 unique tags and the map/reduce returns
{"rows":[{"key":null,"value":27913}]} without group=true.

If I query with ?count=1000&group=true it takes around 8 seconds to
fetch the results, without a count it takes beyond a minute.

It does so on every request, if I do a group=True and let it run and
then rehit the same url it still takes the same amount of time.

I'm on latest trunk if that matters.

Do you have any advice what I am doing wrong and how I could speed this up?