couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ask Bjørn Hansen <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Largest CouchDB dbs?
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 09:26:50 GMT

On Nov 2, 2008, at 21:19, Paul Davis wrote:

> View updates are admittedly slower than we'd like. There's planned
> work on making this sort of thing parallelized to automagically fill
> out multi-node clusters. Last I remember this is a 'probably 1.0'
> feature though.

I wonder if some of the slowness is from running it through JS?
Perl has an extremely fast JSON parser (JSON::XS), would there be any
potential optimization in using an alternate view language like that -
or is most of the time spent elsewhere?

I don't expect more than a few tens of thousands of new documents a
day though, so other than on index changes this isn't such a big deal.

  - ask