couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "ara.t.howard" <ara.t.how...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dirty reads - update strategies
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:15:28 GMT

On Nov 13, 2008, at 10:44 AM, Ayende Rahien wrote:

> This is a hack, but you could use bulk_docs to do this, which would
> fail if
> a or b were updated already.This would cause other items (that uses
> a or b
> but not change them) to fail updating.

indeed.  but it's late, the reads may already be inconsistent since
they are done serially, and it's impossibly complex attm since
offending docs cannot be identified (i know a change request is in for
this info in the error now).

cheers.

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
better. simply reflect on that.