couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sho Fukamachi <sho.fukama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Couchdb init issue (x86_64)
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 03:38:00 GMT
HI Benjamin,

I actually wrote those RHEL5 instructions, or thought I did, and they
show installing erlang from EPEL. On my most recent install (5.2) I
compiled erlang from source like such:

yum install ncurses-devel openssl-devel (i think you've got these
already ..)

wget http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R12B-2.tar.gz (or whatever
the most recent is)
tar xvfz otp_src_R12B-2.tar.gz

./configure && make && sudo make install

You might want to uninstall the EPEL version of erlang and try
compiling from source.

thanks,

Sho