couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Document Updates
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 17:00:44 GMT
I was planning on something similar this for field and attachment
level replication, where only the fields or attachments that are
changed are replicated. With the scheme I'm thinking of, it's possible
to have it incremental at any nested level of the doc tree, but I'm
not sure the extra overhead is worth doing it beyond the root fields.

However, Michael's concern of the document getting larger and the app
getting slower still applies, the document must still be loaded into
memory on the server and the diffs applied, and the complete doc will
need to be loaded into memory for view indexing too. Michael,
regardless of the diff updates, I'm thinking you need to break you
document up into multiple documents.

-Damien