couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sorting views with composite keys
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2008 18:48:37 GMT
yeah you'd have to preprocess the keys with a similar function..

I think the use case is that you'd query based on the front key, and a
count, so as to get, say the last 10 alphabetical tags for a given
user.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure what sense there is in doing this.
Why not just use a regular collation, and if you have more per
front-key than you can fit in ram, just page through the front key's
second key in reverse...

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com