couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "ara.t.howard" <ara.t.how...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thinking outside the RDBMS box - how do I... ?
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:11:09 GMT

On Oct 28, 2008, at 10:48 AM, Chris Anderson wrote:

> Remember that _bulk_docs updates happen inside a transaction. If any
> of the updates fails, then none of them are applied. So there's no
> chance of inconsistency.

hrrrm - technically i suppose that is true but, currently, conflicts
are impossible to detect: if you did an update of 1000 docs and one
collided you'd have no way (programatically) to take corrective action
since the cause of the conflict is not reported - if it were, then
this would seem like a viable option - i know we talked about that
before though and that it's on the radar - but just thought i'd
through that out there: denormalizing the phone numbers does set one
up for a bulk update scenario - moving the phone numbers into another
doc might help this...

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama