couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Johan Sørensen" <jo...@johansorensen.com>
Subject Re: create views, ruby instead of javascript
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 07:28:24 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Paola Lorusso <lorussopaola@yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi ,
> I' am trying to use couchdb with ruby. I am using in particular 'couch_object' to interface
ruby with couchdb.
> I would ask how I can create views in ruby instead of javascript to query couchdb.
> In particular I am interested to faster this query following below that queries a blog
db, where I have posted comments, posts, and authors
[..]
> I have seen same exemples on this URL http://theexciter.com/articles/couchdb-views-in-ruby-instead-of-javascript
,  but when I have tried them there were errors.

The particular ruby view server that shipped with CouchObject was
based on couchdb as it stood pre-7.0 iirc. Hence it's quite out of
date now, and has since been removed from the CouchObject
distribution. I personally like javascript myself, so I don't see
myself updating the ruby view server...

If you want to give it a go, look at main.js in the CouchDB source and
port it over to ruby.

Cheers,