couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question on view server design...
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 17:15:02 GMT

On Oct 23, 2008, at 19:08, kowsik wrote:

> No, not explicitly, but I was looking at evalcx which sets up and
> tears down a new JSContext each time a function is compiled. Just
> wondering if there's an incremental way of doing this so we don't
> incur the overhead each time reduce is invoked.

Armchair optimization is futile, sorry. Without the number to back it
up,
it doesn't make any sense wo change this.

> Maybe with TraceMonkey, this is a moot point? ;-)

Tracemonkey is not there yet, initial tests showed promising execution
speeds, but less than stellar memory usage. I expect to see improvements
in this area, though. It'll be good! :)

Cheers
Jan