couchdb-user mailing list archives

From kowsik <kow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: create views, ruby instead of javascript
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 00:15:26 GMT
You need to include additional headers in the POST request to indicate
that the view language is JSON, like so:

db.post('_temp_view', <<EOJS, 'content-type' => 'application/json')
function(doc) {
}
EOJS

Dunno know if couch_object supports this, but you can use Net::HTTP to
do the same thing:

Net::HTTP.start(host, port) do |http|
    http.post('/' + dbname + '/_temp_view', <<-EOJS, 'content-type' =>
'application/json')
        function(doc) {
        }
    EOJS
end

K.

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Paola Lorusso <lorussopaola@yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi ,
> I' am trying to use couchdb with ruby. I am using in particular 'couch_object' to interface
ruby with couchdb.
> I would ask how I can create views in ruby instead of javascript to query couchdb.
> In particular I am interested to faster this query following below that queries a blog
db, where I have posted comments, posts, and authors.

> results1 = Array.new
>     for post in posts
>          id = post["id"]
>          doc = db.get(id).to_document
>      if doc["type"] == 'post' and doc["title"][0..1]== /xr/ then results1 = doc end
> end
>
> I have read samewhere that I can optimize the performance using views. May I do that
following this example?

> I have seen same exemples on this URL http://theexciter.com/articles/couchdb-views-in-ruby-instead-of-javascript
,  but when I have tried them there were errors.

> I have try to post a view to
> response = db.post("_temp_view", <<EOJS)
> function(doc){
>      return doc
>  }
> }