couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unofficial Google Groups archive of couchdb-user@
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 13:07:50 GMT

On Oct 8, 2008, at 9:59 , Nick Johnson wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 8:44 AM, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 12:40 AM, Nick Johnson <arachnid@notdot.net>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The list won't actually allow people to post (it's admin-posting-
>>> only),
>> but
>>> I've put up a welcome message on the front page informing people
>>> of this.
>>>

>> Thanks - I was scared to try!
>>
>> I guess I'll no longer feel like a super-hero with my secret ability
>> to search gmail archives to find old CouchDB posts. Ah, the internet,
>> letting everyone be super-heros. :)
>

> Unfortunately, you can't do that anymore, either - Jan deleted the
> original
> google group.

I think is referring to searching couchdb-user with Google.

In my defence: The old archives didn't have much relevant
information anymore and Noah asked me to nuke the group
to avoid user-confusion, which your archive introduces again.
(Told you on IRC, though). I'm not saying a searchable archive
is not useful but I really think this should be done on the ASF-
Infrastructure end. If done right this will benefit all list archives,
not just us. It'd be really cool, if someone could look into this:

Any takers?

Cheers
Jan