couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ho-Sheng Hsiao <h...@isshen.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB data replication question
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2008 17:51:10 GMT

Lucas Di Pentima wrote:
> I'm looking for a storage solution for a website that currently generate
> 1 GB worth of MySQL (the current storage method) new data every month.
>
> I know from browsing this mailing list archives that all the data is
> replicated on all the nodes of a CouchDB cluster, and I see this as a
> scalability problem that I would like to know if have some workaround.

I have not tried clustering or replicating couchdb. I thought I saw
something mentioned though, that you could replicate data based on
arbitrary map calls?

At the very least, you should be able to pull a subset of the data and
make a POST to _bulk_docs on a different node.

Ho-Sheng Hsiao, VP of Engineering
Isshen Solutions, Inc.
(334) 559-9153
http://www.isshen.com