couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paola Lorusso <lorussopa...@yahoo.it>
Subject create views, ruby instead of javascript
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2008 20:47:53 GMT
Hi ,
I' am trying to use couchdb with ruby. I am using in particular 'couch_object' to interface
ruby with couchdb.
I would ask how I can create views in ruby instead of javascript to query couchdb.
In particular I am interested to faster this query following below that queries a blog db,
where I have posted comments, posts, and authors.

results1 = Array.new
     for post in posts
          id = post["id"]
          doc = db.get(id).to_document
      if doc["type"] == 'post' and doc["title"][0..1]== /xr/ then results1 = doc end
end

I have read samewhere that I can optimize the performance using views. May I do that following
this example?

I have seen same exemples on this URL http://theexciter.com/articles/couchdb-views-in-ruby-instead-of-javascript
,  but when I have tried them there were errors.

I have try to post a view to
response = db.post("_temp_view", <<EOJS)
function(doc){
      return doc
  }
}
EOJS

Infact, I have this problem:
#<CouchObject::Response:0xb6deb370 @response=#<Net::HTTPInternalServerError 500 Internal
Server Error readbody=true>, @parsed_body={"error"=>"query_language_unknown", "reason"=>"application/json"}>

In any case I would prefer to use ruby instead of javascript to query couchdb.

Can you halp me?
Thanks

Paola

      Scopri il blog di Yahoo! Mail: