couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Antony Blakey <antony.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: uuid, auto-increment, et al.
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 05:58:57 GMT
Alternatively, you could use some form of distributed voting
algorithm, but that's a lot more work and you have to be careful to
get a correct implementation.

Given the nature of CouchDB, and the fact that it already provides the
interface to the data cloud, providing generic core services such as
distributed voting with layered services such as global uniqueness
indexes, would be a logical extension.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

It's amazing that the one side of the conversation that survived is "I
don't know art, but I know what I like". The reply from the artist was
"Madam, so does a cow".
   -- Carl Kirkendall