couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bulk Load
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 15:39:07 GMT
On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Paul Davis
<paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alternatively something like the following might work:
>
> Keep an eye on the specifics of _bulk_docs though. There have been
> requests to make it non-atomic, but I think in the face of something
> like this we might make non-atomic _bulk_docs a non-default or some
> such.

I think the need for non-transaction bulk-docs will be obviated when
we have the failure response say which docs caused failure, that way
one can retry once to save all the non-conflicting docs, and then loop
back through to handle the conflicts.

upshot: I bet you can count on bulk docs being transactional.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com