couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@grabb.it>
Subject Re: Bulk Load
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2008 17:20:20 GMT
Calum,

CouchDB should be easily able to handle this load.

Please note that the built-in revision system is not designed for
document history. Its sole purpose is to manage conflicting documents
that result from edits done in separate copies of the DB, which are
subsequently replicated into a single DB.

If you allow CouchDB to create a new document for each daily import of
each security, and create a view which makes these documents available
by security and date, you should be able to access securities history
fairly simply.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson