couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Debugging
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 00:33:24 GMT
Did you try something like this:

http://localhost:5984/mytestdb/_all_docs?startkey="61268dcc7808ca35fb3fb2b103db4abc"

Some of the url parameters need to be json encoded, but I have trouble
remembering exactly which ones. (pretty sure startkey needs to be, but
maybe we should have a wiki page for that.)

For debugging, I tend to use lots of ?DEBUG macros in the code.
Generally when diagnosing a specific error I try to use requests via
curl so I can reduce the noise of the browser requesting Futon's
static media. Others also use Firebug or similar tools.

I don't really use the interactive shell mainly because I'm not overly
comfortable with erlang.

HTH,

Paul