couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: view access keeps timing out
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:05:33 GMT
1. Database looks not too big to cause problems
2. The couchjs process won't start until its first needed. And it'll
stick around after it has been spawned for reuse. Not popping up when
accessing the view is bad.
3. Good.
4. Haven't groked the complete workings of the view generation, but
hazarding a guess, it might not get created until the first doc is
returned from the view process.

The URL vs auto generated ID could be the culprit here. When you
submit docs, are you making sure to properly escape the urls? Does
futon work to view the database? (alternatively, can you get docs from
http://localhost:5984/db_name/_all_docs?count=1)

Next on the list:

1. Change the log level to debug in your couch.ini and see if anything pops up.

Paul