couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: view access keeps timing out
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 19:44:40 GMT
Things to check,

1. How big are your docs?
2. Is there a javascript map process that's running even after the
view times out?
3. Are you touching things even after a timeout?
4. Check to make sure there's a design directory in the couchdb
directory. These files should be in ".db_name_design"

For 3, if you get a time out, does it timeout a second time? Make sure
you don't touch anything though. Whenever your design doc changes the
entire view has to be rebuilt.

Paul