couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Davis" <>
Subject Re: View indexes and locking
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 14:57:15 GMT
Nope. That's one of the nice things about Couch. Writes are always
allowed and should be quick.

Although, I don't know the answer to whether new writes after a view
generation started will get included into the view. My guess is that
it depends on the docid being inserted and whether that id has been
passed to the view server yet.

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Paul Campbell <> wrote:
> As I'm currently creating an index on a large MySQL table, I'm wondering:
> In CouchDB, if I rebuild a view for a large dataset, will inserts be locked?
> I think I already know the answer: no! but I'd like to verify it, and
> have everyone be aware of it.
> Cheers,
> Paul

View raw message