couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "william kinney" <william.kin...@gmail.com>
Subject startkey and quotes
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:29:39 GMT
Hi (again),

It seems that the startkey query parameter requires quotes around the value.
However, my lovely Apache java HttpClient library doesn't like that, and
throws a org.apache.commons.httpclient.URIException: Invalid query.
Has anyone had any experience with this? I'd like to avoid having to extend
or hack http client to get around this.

On a side note, I've never seen quotes being specified/used in query
parameters before. I couldn't find any mention of it in the w3c spec. I'm
sure of course it is intended functionality. Bu t does anyone know why?

Thanks,
Will