couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "william kinney" <william.kin...@gmail.com>
Subject replicating large db from version 0.8.1 to trunk (0.9.0a696354)
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 16:41:24 GMT
Hi,

I believe I heard at jchris's presentation at arc90 that the replicator can
continue from a previously failed replication (continuing where it left
off). Does anyone know if it is possible to monitor a replication process
somehow, perhaps by log file or physical file size growth? I have a large db
I'm trying to migrate from an old release to a new one, and it seems that
(outside a small tool to loop and do the migration myself), the replicator
is my only option since the db files (and views) use a deprecated storage
design. My db is ~ 330000 docs (1.9GB).

Or does anyone has a better idea for migrating a large, older version
database?

Thanks,
Will