couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Farmiloe <chrisfa...@oxdi.eu>
Subject extra information in design documents
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 11:34:04 GMT

firstly:

Hello list!

secondly:

I'm toying with some ideas using couchdb... and keep finding myself
with a design-document for holding views and another documents
describing something about by document "type".

for example:

I might have a validation-document for all my documents I have with
'type=note', it may contain a js function to run that will declare
something as valid/invalid.

I would then also have a design-document for my documents of
'type=note', containing my various map/reduces related to these docs.

so...

Could I store other fields on _design documents?
using the example above: placing my "validation" function into the
design doc.

If not recommended, are others doing anything similar?

Regards

Chris Farmiloe