couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Brad King" <brk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: view index build time
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2008 13:11:27 GMT
When I talk about CouchDB to other developers here, the first question
I get is if the data can be distributed across multiple nodes or not
(this is usually after the shock of how cool couchdb is wears off a
little). Without this we have many of the same constraints we have
today with relational databases. Yeah JSon storage is super cool, but
in the end capacity and performance will win over ease of use. This
where we see couchdb becoming something serious to consider for
enterprise computing. We just have to be able to drop 3 or 4 million
documents into this thing and not worry at all about index time,
reliability, etc. I'm sure we'd even pay for commercial licensing if
that were available. Faster Damien! :-)