couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Wall" <jw...@google.com>
Subject Re: extra information in design documents
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 13:39:41 GMT
Sometimes I find myself keeping a "template" copy of a document in couchdb.
I find the lack of validation in couchdb freeing myself. Just use a template
copy of the document and fill in the blanks as needed.

But most often I find myself just using it as an object store for the
objects I have in the code. All validation occurs before I send. And since
document storage and updates are atomic in couchdb I can be confident that
what I validated gets stored.

All of that being said I don't think couch would balk if you stored
additional data in a design document. I haven't tried it but I would imagine
that it's just a document internally and adding extra fields should just
work. Have you tried to do so already and it failed?