couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Johan Liseborn" <johan.liseb...@gmail.com>
Subject Status of security features
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2008 10:39:01 GMT
Hi,

I am still fairly new to CouchDB, but with what I've seen (and tried)
so far, I am pretty excited, and I can see some clear uses in a couple
of projects I am currently involved in.

One thing I have been trying to figure out is the status of the
security features of CouchDB. The Technical Overview mentions an
administrator account, reader access lists, and update validation.
Some of the wiki pages also mention security related things, for
example http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/ReservedWords and
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Contributing.

As I am unable to find any examples on how to use the security
features, and as it is mentioned under "Help wanted" (even though the
page is marked as being out of date), I assume that these are planned
features, rather than existing, is that correct?

Thanks for a great piece of software!

johan