couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@grabb.it>
Subject Re: Backup of couchdb
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 23:35:43 GMT
Niket,

If you maintain a backup using CouchDB replication, you'll have the
advantage of incremental updates, so while the first backup might take
longer than it would doing a purely file-based approach, you'll save
time overall.

On the flip-side, if you are restoring from backup, or otherwise want
to clone an entire couchdb database, the fastest method is through
duplicating the my-database.couch file.

In your case I'd probably set up replication on a cron job to put the
data on another ec2 instance. And then periodically backup the .couch
files to s3.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com