couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@grabb.it>
Subject Re: Replication Options for Offline Web App
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 03:31:00 GMT
On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 7:46 PM, Sho Fukamachi <sho.fukamachi@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would think it possible, but at the least would require a new type of view
> - or perhaps the current view system (map only, of course) could have a
> special mode, triggered by a key maybe, allowing them to be replicated from
> (including delete info, etc ..)

Users could specify a view to calculate a doc-id mask, by which the
server would filter the replication.

>From what I understand about the replication process, the client won't
have any trouble receiving a subset of the full replication. However,
it's worth looking out for what happens if you try to replicate again
later (perhaps from a different view of the same database). Could
_revs get out of sync?

This feature has been on the roadmap for a while, so maybe Damien has
some ideas for how it should be designed.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com