couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@grabb.it>
Subject Re: when to use another document and when not to?
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 18:01:35 GMT
On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Sho Fukamachi <sho.fukamachi@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the really exciting thing is the possibility of the re-mapping as
> alluded to by Chris Anderson yesterday. Not a feature of CDB (yet?), but a
> single remap would give us the ability to do all this kind of thing in one
> query. If the problems with expiries and consistency could be solved and
> remapping added to Couch then that would open the door to a whole new range
> of uses, this one included.

I'd love to see remapping as a feature of CouchDB, but realistically
it seems more like a 2.0 feature. Since we're not to 1.0 yet... don't
build your apps around the idea of having it. (Unless you can stomach
regenerating the whole remap when you get new data, like I do with
remap.rb)

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com