couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@grabb.it>
Subject Re: Optionally including docs in view results
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 21:47:34 GMT
On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Dean Landolt <dean@deanlandolt.com> wrote:

> {
> "put": [ { "_id": "doc1", "foo": "bar" } ],
> "post": [ { "baz": "foo" } ],
> "delete": [ {"_id": "doc2" } ],
> "get": [ { "_id": "doc3" }, { "_id": "doc4"} ]
> }

I bet I can do something like this without breaking existing clients:

# current functionality

{
"docs":[array of docs]
}

# bulk load overload

{
"ids":[array of ids]
}

I think it would be much too complex to allow the same POST to both
create some docs and request others. I can modify my patch so that it
works like this (and ignores the "ids" member if "docs" is set). I
don't want to waste time, so I'll wait until we have a consensus that
overload _bulk_docs is better than _load_docs.

Do any committers have feedback?

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com