couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replication Options for Offline Web App
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 01:16:41 GMT
Replicating from your leaf nodes *to* the central node already works
as you'd want. Ie, all documents in the leaf database are sent to the
central db and things are updated as expected. (Verified this with
minimal testing, so you might wait for confirmation)

The caveat is going in the other direction. To date, I don't know that
there's anything to support replicating just a set of records. I think
there was talk of this to support things like sharding etc at one
point or another, but I don't know of anyone actively working on such
a thing.

Perhaps if you wanted to submit a patch for something like replicating
from a view. :D I really have no idea if that's even feasible, but
given the little I know of the internals it sounds possible.

Paul