couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sho Fukamachi <sho.fukama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: when to use another document and when not to?
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:50:26 GMT

On 07/08/2008, at 4:01 AM, Chris Anderson wrote:

> I'd love to see remapping as a feature of CouchDB, but realistically
> it seems more like a 2.0 feature. Since we're not to 1.0 yet... don't
> build your apps around the idea of having it. (Unless you can stomach
> regenerating the whole remap when you get new data, like I do with
> remap.rb)

Chris, what did you think about my idea of attaching/making available
_rev information for views?

Basically if we could get a _rev for every key-value output, could get
an array of them (however massive) for the "root" of a particular
view, and a "top" _rev for the view, it would make tracking changes
much easier. I have been messing around and think it would be pretty
easy to make a decent "sync" for remapping purposes if that info was
available.

Obviously that's not as nice as having it built in, but it would be a
lot better than the blind system we have now. I'm thinking of
requesting it as a feature, would like to know if you think it's a
good idea or not, since you've obviously been playing around with it
as well.

thanks,

Sho