couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Joel Reed <joel.r...@visn.biz>
Subject Firefox3 and CouchDB 0.8.0
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2008 19:25:26 GMT
I'm a brand new CouchDB user so I'm not sure if I'm doing something
wrong, or if there's a known issue with Firefox 3 but when I browse to:

http://127.0.0.1:5984/_utils/index.html

with Firefox 3 and view the console in Firebug I get:

GET http://127.0.0.1:5984/ 75ms jquery.js?1.2.6 (line 2806)
GET http://127.0.0.1:5984/_all_dbs 73ms jquery.js?1.2.6 (line 2806)
[Exception... "Component is not available" nsresult: "0x80040111
(NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)" location: "JS frame ::
file:///usr/lib/firefox-3.0.1/components/nsSessionStore.js ::
sss_saveState :: line 1896" data: no]
this._writeFile(this._sessionFile, oState.toSource());
nsSessionStore.js (line 1896)

GET http://127.0.0.1:5984/_all_dbs 41ms jquery.js?1.2.6 (line 2806)
syntax error()

which I think happens because on line 2806 of jquery.js it says:

data = eval("(" + data + ")");

and unfortunately "data" is empty.

If I use firefox2 I get no errors whatsoever and everything works great.
Just a heads up if this is not an known issue.

I'm using 3.0.1 on Ubuntu Intrepid btw.

jr