couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: windows build?
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2008 12:23:25 GMT

On Aug 1, 2008, at 04:53, Jonathan Resnick wrote:

> Has anyone got CouchDB successfully built on Windows?  I feel silly
> asking this but for better or worse Windows is what I know.  On the
> other hand, the abiliy to get it going easily on Windows would open it
> up to a whole new audience to try out.
>
> I have tried following the directions posted here
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/InstallingOnWindows, but I can't seem
> to find binaries for SpiderMonkey anywhere on the Mozilla site, nor
> have I had any luck compiling it from source (the *.mdp file is too
> old to open in Visual Studio and NMAKE craps out with some
> unintelliglible error).

That is basically where I ended up when trying the outlined procedure
on MingW. This is all very unfortunate. I don't really have the
resources
to dive deeper into this but maybe somebody here can pick up the lose
ends or send a request for information to the Mozilla devs?

A native Windows build would be highly appreciated!

Cheers
Jan