couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Wilson <m...@tplus1.com>
Subject Re: Selectively keeping revisions around
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:39:09 GMT
On Tue 22 Jul 2008 04:50:25 PM EDT, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> Sorry to disappoint you.
>
> Do not rely on the revisions for what you want to do.
> Only go with the no-compaction route if you have
> very little data.

Hi Jan,

I just watched the video of your talk at racklabs, and when you
introduced the idea of revision numbers, you made a remark mentioning
revision control.

I'm at the very beginning of learning about couchdb.  I want to make
sure I get this right -- are the revision numbers not meant to be used
as a historical index going back to the beginning of time?

Are they meant to be used as a way to handle lots of nearly parallel
writes?

That was a really informative talk, by the way.

Matt

--
Matt Wilson
http://tplus1.com