couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@grabb.it>
Subject Re: the search api?
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:34:41 GMT
On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> The only thing with the FTI is that the future of how we couple
> external software to couchdb is in a state of uncertainty. Between
> plugins and action servers etc, I was going to wait till there was
> something more steady in place before attacking this full force.

The main question for CouchDB's code is the stdio json protocol. Once
that is nailed down, attaching various indexers should be
straightforward. There are some design questions here, mostly to do
with consistency with the rest of CouchDB. Eg: the view servers are
fed a json array followed by a single newline, but search expects an
object followed by two newlines. I haven't looked at the
DbUpdateNotificationProcess but we should try to make that the same as
well.

I'm not sure if there are opportunities for code reuse here, but if
there are we should take them.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson