couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@grabb.it>
Subject Re: replication usage? creating dupes?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 17:15:31 GMT
On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Damien Katz <damien@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jul 16, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
>>
>> If I'm not completely off my rocker, perhaps a better solution is that
>> the browser request for replication returns immediately and then
>> couchdb would provide a method for checking on the status of the
>> replication.
>
> That's an option for the future, but then we'd have to create a replication
> task monitor infrastructure that can be queried from HTTP. That's additional
> complexity and overhead.

based on Jan's IRC advice, I've started triggering replications from
curl like so:

curl -vvvX POST http://localhost:5984/_replicate -d
'{"source":"source-db-name","target":"target-db-name"}'

which is much more reliable. (Until this thread I didn't even realize
that navigating away from the replication page in Futon was considered
harmful.)

Now I can get on the real debugging. I'll put those results into a
separate thread.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com