couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@grabb.it>
Subject Re: replication usage? creating dupes?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:13:53 GMT
On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 2:18 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm surprised that his wasn't reported earlier. CouchDB replication
> is supposed to be reliable (when we got all the bugs out), so an
> external replication thing should not be necessary. I would have
> guessed that reporting this is easier than writing code to circumvent
> the problem. This should be fixed in CouchDB and not worked
> around.

My experience with replication has been that it works flawlessly for
smaller datasets, and as the dataset grows, it either starts to take
so long it may as well be broken (but shows no errors in the log) or
occasionally does the =ERROR REPORT==== thing in the log. The later is
a new symptom in my experience.

I haven't had a chance to bring my install up to latest trunk, so I
hesitated to report it. Today's my only sane day for a couple of weeks
on each side, so I'll see what progress I can make.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com