couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is the xapian search ticket still valid?
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:49:09 GMT
That's the general idea.

Check out the lucene branch. There's a bit of erlang glue that will be
needed to create the external process as well as pipe requests from
_search to it.

Paul

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Bradford Winfrey
<bradswinfrey@yahoo.com> wrote:
> If I was to get really crazy and try to actually interface xapian with couchdb, would
this still apply?
> [Couch]
> ExternalQueryServer=/path/to/my/query-intake
>
> If so, what do I need to respond with? Just your typical response of:
>
> {
> "total_rows":6,
> "offset":0,
> "rows":[{"id":"1","field":value1"},{"id":"2","field":value2"}]
> }
>

> and that get's flushed back to the browser?

notified of the change to the database itself (an update, a delete, etc...).  It's then up
to me to re-index Xapian, Sphinx, whatever my fulltext mechanism is by maybe using a tracker
of the last document I indexed?  I maintain the state of my last document indexed and then
grab from there onward perhaps?

of blank lines, I should most definitely be getting back more than just {"type":"updated","db":"dbname"},
correct?  I won't be surprised if it's a "me" problem, but I just wanted to double-check to
see if there's anything I'm missing.  Is there a certain termination character I could watch
for to let me know that the input has completed?

 Is there still that mechanism that will send to anything that listens to STDIN when a record
is created/updated/delete/etc? I can't recall the name of it, I assume it's the db update
notification you spoke of.  Is there a resource where I can see what the product of that is?
For instance, does it produce json or just key:value parameters?

>>> Brad

need to start implementing a search capability into my application and am trying to keep things
"in the couchdb family" for sanity's sake.