couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is the xapian search ticket still valid?
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:02:14 GMT
Its DbUpdateNotificationProcess in the config file.

It echos json to stdin of whatever program you specify in the config.

The json format is something like:
{ 'dbname': 'status' }\n
\n

I don't remember the number of blank lines following each json object
though. Its either 0, 1 or 2 I reckon. Using that it should be easy
enough to setup an external xapian (or other, take a look at
pyndexter) search engine.

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Bradford Winfrey
<bradswinfrey@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks Paul, I'll hold off on that then and just try updating it externally.  Is there
still that mechanism that will send to anything that listens to STDIN when a record is created/updated/delete/etc?
I can't recall the name of it, I assume it's the db update notification you spoke of.  Is
there a resource where I can see what the product of that is? For instance, does it produce
json or just key:value parameters?

> Brad

start implementing a search capability into my application and am trying to keep things "in
the couchdb family" for sanity's sake.