couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Benoit Chesneau" <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: wiki proposal
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 22:20:29 GMT
On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 10:54:39AM +0200, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>> 1) Install CouchDB
>> 2) Start with with CouchDB
>> 3) Reference/ CouchDB API (and only reference)
>> 4) Couchdb
>>    - About
>>    - Future
>>    - Proposals
>> 5) Around CouchDB :
>>   - In the wild
>>   - Projects
>>   - Hacks/ Forks
>
> Thinking about it, I would change the wording so it was:
>
>  1) Installation
>  2) Basics
>  3) Reference
>  5) Ecosystem
>  6) Development

Hum , I don't know if basics and ecosystem are right words for this.
This isn't basics since for now it's only docs on how use couchdb with
your language. Ecosystem, maybe that's me, but this word sound cold,
it gives an impression of distance from the community.

Oh I would distinct presentation of couchdb and faq from Reference.
Maybe that's what you see in basics ?

> Also, I presume you're only talking about the organisation of the front page?

yes

> I wouldn't like to see actual pages be renamed or given 2 levels or anything.

Well it need some cleanup in content and some moves. But still only 1
level obviously.

- benoƮt