couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sho Fukamachi <sho.fukama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: when to use another document and when not to?
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2008 14:10:28 GMT

On 20/07/2008, at 11:47 PM, Chris Anderson wrote:

> This is how the web tends to work. Put the links in the places that
> actually control them. It's scaled so far...
>
> If you're already leaning that way, and it's the way of the web, I'd
> grab the opportunity to take this simple option.

Indeed, there's a certain elegance in doing things this way which
makes me suspect it's going to turn out to be the right solution.

However, I'd like to hear views from others working with couch -
especially criticisms/nullifications of my pros/cons points for each
option ..

The outcome of the previous discussion on this thread seemed to be in
favour of the use of a "followers" table which I thought was a pretty
bad idea in CouchDB. I'd love to hear some defences of that, maybe
someone can tell me what I'm missing...

Sho