couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: replication usage? creating dupes?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:18:03 GMT

On 15 Jul 2008, at 21:24, Chris Anderson wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 10:40 AM, John Evans <john@jpevans.com> wrote:
>> FWIW I've been running into these exact same issues.
>
> I'll chime in with a me too. I've worked around it by writing a
> client-side replicator, that loads up all docs from both dbs, and
> copies any missing docs over to the target db. My requirements mean I
> don't need to worry about multiple versions of a doc, so this has
> worked for me for the time being. It would be more convenient to have
> fast, reliable replication.
>
> I'll commit the replicator to CouchRest this week.

Hey Chris & Others.

I'm surprised that his wasn't reported earlier. CouchDB replication
is supposed to be reliable (when we got all the bugs out), so an
external replication thing should not be necessary. I would have
guessed that reporting this is easier than writing code to circumvent
the problem. This should be fixed in CouchDB and not worked
around.

That said, you are of course free to implement all you like in
your libraries :)

Cheers
Jan