couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Noah Tye" <n...@tyes.us>
Subject Re: Selectively keeping revisions around
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 01:47:36 GMT
On 7/22/08, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>  Sorry to disappoint you.
>
>  Do not rely on the revisions for what you want to do.

I was using revisions the same way Nick was.  I know that the
revisions allow couchdb to only write to the db file, which makes it
more stable when it comes to concurrency and crashes, but also like
the idea of built-in revision control.  If revisions are not meant to
be kept long-term, what are the use cases of couchdb revisions?

(I can think of one, actually: shot-term undo.  Any others?)

--
noah@tyes.us | http://noah.tyes.us