couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Dean Landolt" <d...@deanlandolt.com>
Subject Re: the search api?
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 17:18:39 GMT
Gladly. I'll get it on the wiki and send a link after I clean it up.

Regarding merging views, something like that would be fantastic, though I
can't really comprehend the performance implications. If a view can peer
into another view for its processing, I gather this would mean it would have
to be updated every time a change happens in the referenced view(s), and an
incremental update here may really mean a full update of the view in
question, but I'm just guessing. Though this would allow real *joins *and
end that whole question once and for all... :)