couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Dean Landolt" <d...@deanlandolt.com>
Subject the search api?
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 20:57:50 GMT
Paul Davis' work on integrating couch and
xapian<http://code.google.com/p/couchprojects/source/browse/trunk/query_servers/xapian/README?r=23>seems
like a good jumping-off point. But it seems to me it would be great if
I could do something like this with an abstraction layer between couch and
the search software (as an added bonus the code wouldn't have to be GPL'd
and could be distributed with couch). From what I can tell
pyndexter<http://swapoff.org/wiki/pyndexter/docs>looks like a nice
option -- it's got a great API and even has its own
built-in engine (pure-python, so slow, but no additional deps). Plus
pluggable multilingual stemming and a nice query syntax, etc...

I'm going to see if I can't turn this into a generic middleware layer that
can catch couch's updates on stdin to update the index, but I don't even
know where to begin in connecting the query server. From what I gather,
there's no longer a /db/_search api -- how are these calls supposed to be
invoked? Any information would be fantastic. Couch has proved everything
I've wanted and more -- but I'd kill for a servicable search option...

Dean