couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Avi Flax" <a...@arc90.com>
Subject How to use View URL Query Parameters?
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2008 20:24:22 GMT
Specifically, I don't understand how to use "key".

Let's say I want to get all Comment documents which are tagged with "doofus".

I figured I'd create a "views" key in a design doc that looked
something like this:

{
   "for_tag":
   {
       "map": "function(doc) { if (doc.tags.indexOf(key) != -1)
emit(null, doc) }"
   }
}

and then GET this URL:
http://couchdb:5984/blog/_view/comments/for_tag?key=%22doofus%22

But it's returning 0 rows. I know I must be missing something here.

Apologize if this is a FAQ or is just so obvious it doesn't even need
to be. I think perhaps I need to take a break from the computer for a
couple of hours.

Thanks,
Avi