couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Eddy" <peter.e...@gmail.com>
Subject doc_count set to zero even though documents remain
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 22:32:22 GMT
Hi,

I ran into this a few days ago and haven't had a chance to look into
it, but I thought I'd mention it any way.

I was doing some performance testing on some new hardware, I created 1
million test documents (exactly) and then ran various multi-threaded
tests to time document fetch time. I then compacted my database and
shutdown CouchDb well after compaction had finished.

When I restarted CouchDb I found that even though the 1 million
documents are still there, the doc_count value is zero. I can still
fetch the documents without any problem.

I'm using CouchDb 0.8-incubating and Erlang R12B-3 on a 4 core AMD64
Linux box with kernel 2.6.24 SMP. I'm not using replication. I
encountered no errors while loading the database with the test
documents or while running the tests.

thanks,
Peter