couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: wiki proposal
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 09:05:53 GMT
On Jul 1, 2008, at 10:54, Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While doing translation of the wiki in french, it come to my mind that
> the wiki could be better organized.
>
> For now, we have some proposals mixed with the reference doc, Install
> doc is after the reference where it should be first imho, before
> "started" pages. On the other hand, future of couchdb, proposals,
> hacks and projects around couchdb are mixed everywhere in the doc.
>
> What I thought is a structure of the wiki like this :
>
> 1) Install CouchDB
> 2) Start with with CouchDB
> 3) Reference/ CouchDB API (and only reference)
> 4) Couchdb
>   - About
>   - Future
>   - Proposals
> 5) Around CouchDB :
>  - In the wild
>  - Projects
>  - Hacks/ Forks
>
> Something like it. What do you think about it ? Any other
> suggestions ?

All good suggestions, I'd say go for it if no one objects.I too feel
the Wiki
to be a tad disorganised and thus not very approachable for newbies.
(Note, I am not blaming anyone as I am partially responsible for the
mess myself :)

And one more time on the record: You did a great job with the
translation,
thanks :)

Cheers
Jan