couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Bradford Winfrey <bradswinf...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Views using JSON Arrays
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 18:27:54 GMT
If it were possible, I'd throw myself under the bus with Paul to get such a thing working.

----- Original Message ----
From: Paul Bonser <misterpib@gmail.com>
To: couchdb-user@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, July 3, 2008 1:07:05 PM
Subject: Re: Views using JSON Arrays

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 8:01 AM, Bradford Winfrey <bradswinfrey@yahoo.com> wrote:

> We would get back each one of our tags as a key, yea?  Only if we supplied one at a time.
 So how does one go about supplying a range, array (not sure what we'd call it here) of keys
to be searched on?  http://...?key=["octopus","hockey"] maybe?  I'm unsure of the plan of
attack for such a thing.  Maybe I'm just going about it in the wrong direction.  Any thoughts?

Hey everyone. I've pretty much just been watching the mailing list here myself.

This is the second time somebody has asked about this since I've
started watching this mailing list. I could see it being a valuable
feature.

Would it be valuable to add the ability to query a view with multiple
keys, getting the results for each of those keys back? Something like
http://...?key_list=["octopus","hockey"]

If I were interested in investigating how hard it would be to add that
feature, where would I start looking in the code?

Paul Bonser
http://blog.paulbonser.com